My latest addition to the refashion co-op is now done !
i also used the coverstitcher to duplicate the double row stitch on the front. Being able to change the width to match the original was great.
Thursday, 31 May 2012
I really felt bad that i missed the last month's treasure pants, due to too much playing with janome 12000, so at the last minute I did the may task of the fishing hat and belt. You can see that the fishing hat has fishing lures on it ( with my 9000) and the belt matches. I used a different buckle that i already had for the belt so tinkered the design slightly.Instead of the raggedy edges I added more seam allowance to the hat so that i could make a neater finish. its still too small for the 3 year old, but that's ok because by summer it will fit the baby. My three yo need the belt because all the pants fall down. I bought a fat square of this fabric because i liked it so much, so quite please i could do so much with it. The plain blue is the left over from some curtains I was given, so its refashioning as well.
Thursday, 3 May 2012
I really needed a doona cover that would allow both my husband's super thick doona and my thinner one to fit in together, so i did a refashion on an existing cover with 3 pillow cases, added a flower with my janome 12K and here's the result. I had to add some matching fabric on the back to get it as wide as possible.
Tuesday, 1 May 2012
You can see the second design has a lot more interest due to the use of 2 variegated threads versus the plain thread, which was my first attempt. The open design really makes the thread's variation in colour work for you.