So after we collected all the fruit my sister's tree had dropped, time to get cooking!
Me being me, I was too lazy too lazy to cook the peel pith with the marmalade, but also didn't want to waste it, so I made it release the pectin in a separate pot.
And here is the fruit and zest cooking away.
I peeled the fruit with a potato peeler, and soaked that overnight. I used that water though because I was worried about getting rid of flavour and pectin. I think i had one lot of jam that didn't set once when I accidentally got rid of all the pectin.
I need trick i learnt was to count the amount of water you need to cover the fruit as a guide to how much sugar. I have always weighed the fruit then added this amount of sugar. But the water measuring is much easier!
Interestingly, I found a science article where they microwave treated peel to get out the pectin, so I tried that too. I think there might be an experiment there!